11.07.2008

With arms outstretched


Two Law Profs In The White House (first time ever!  Plus, a darned smart Ms. JD as first lady).


Oh, I am coveting these Penguin Classics (spines to the left) (h/t Design*Sponge).  Not only do I love the design, and the books they chose, but I'm so thrilled that they don't have book jackets - I hate book jackets!  I can't seem to find the complete list of titles - I am crossing my fingers that they included The Portrait of a Lady.....

Listening to Furnace Room Lullaby right now.  Definitely one of my top 25 albums ever.

The Magic of the Modern World.  Totally mesmerizing.

I'm in Miami for the weekend (a vacation, interrupted only by the MPRE tomorrow....stupid ethics!).  It's taken me almost a dozen visits but I think I'm finally loving this city.  I'll be living here soon enough, so I'll know for sure one way or another, but today the things I'm loving about Miami are (1) the variety (I've heard Spanish, of course, but also Portuguese, French, and Russian - just this morning); (2) the ridiculous number of happenings (I swear, there is an outdoor festival for everything!); (3) the food; (4) the weather; (5) the weather; and (6) oh yes, the weather!  I cannot overstate how amazed I am by the effect of sun on my mood.  I may have been born in Alaska, but I might just be a sun baby at heart...

No comments: