10.22.2010

Alec Baldwin is problematic, to say the least, but damn he comes through sometimes: on why you shouldn't donate to public radio, and why you should let him marry Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

Image: source.

This NYTimes article is from January, but it's a decent introduction to the U-Visa. In my opinion as a legal services immigration attorney, the U-Visa is a vital and necessary tool to protect victims of crime and to prevent greater victimization of a vulnerable population. And they are NOT easy to get.

An interesting discussion (via Jezebel and Tiger Beatdown) about the character of Betty in Mad Men (I'm still working my way through season 2).

Another interview with Anne Lamott (yes, I'm obsessed) - this time via the wonderful world of Powells.

Are you a scientist? Contribute your personal story of how and why you became a scientist at my wonderful friend Phoebe's awesome website, Call of Science.

"Use your time wisely. Say beautiful things, inspire, forgive, act physically to protect and help." - Thich Nhat Hanh

"Sam said to me the other day, "I love you like 20 tyrannosauruses on 20 mountaintops," and this is the exact same way in which I love him." - Anne Lamott

No comments: