10.19.2010

A few interesting things on food: an infographic on how your diet affects the planet, and a finding that rings true to me, "Buying Food With Cash or Plastic: People who buy food with cash make better choices than people who pay with credit and debit cards."


Image: source.

On the running front: last week was a tough one - I felt uncommonly sore and stiff and was worried that my last month of gleeful running had been a fluke. However, as I'm learning in all walks of life, when the going gets tough, SLOW DOWN. So I took back to the road, moving as slowly as humanly possible and, sure enough, three miles in I was back in the groove. Not to say it's easy -heading out this morning, in the dark, so cold I could see my breath, I was NOT thinking about the amazing Zen-like gifts of running. But as I headed back home, 2 hours later, having watched the sun rise over these hills I love so much, I was feeling pretty good. Goals ahead: Pioneer Run (9 miles, Nov 13th) and (yipes) the Vancouver WA Half-Marathon (January 2011). Onward!

Currently reading: "Feminist Theory from Margin to Center" (bell hooks), "Simple Prosperity: Finding Real Wealth in a Sustainable Lifestyle" (David Wann), "Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith" and "Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith" (both by Anne Lamott).

No comments: