10.29.2010

GOOD: "Contrail Turns Your Bike into a Paintbrush"

Left: love these pigeon lights.

Hispanics increasingly fear immigration backlash: "Hispanics are increasingly concerned about a backlash against them, even as they are split over the effects of illegal immigration on the country. Their anxiety comes as illegal immigration and border security are playing major roles in election campaigns nationwide."

NPR: Prison Economics Help Drive Ariz. Immigration Law.

Today is my one day a week off from exercising. This is surprisingly hard for me. Less because I physically desire to exercise every day (although I sometimes do), and more because exercise is such a vital part of my mental and emotional health. However, I'm putting a lot of strain on my body with all my running, etc, and I want to avoid injury and burn out, so I'm trying to commit to one day a week off. I choose the day, Thursday, where I have a variety of things built in to support me mentally - some spiritual group work I find helpful, as well as acupuncture. Additionally I sometimes go for walks on my days "off" but I try to have them be meditative walks (listening to Tara Brach, going at a slow pace, stopping to take photos) instead of my usual "full force ahead" power walks.

No comments: