10.22.2010

A little bit of beauty and hope in what's been a heartbreaking week: I love this StoryCorps (I've listened to it....uh, 5 times?): "Colbert Williams was just 16 when he became a father and then had to raise his son as a single dad. Now Colbert is 30, and his son, Nathan, is a teenager himself. Recently the pair talked about raising kids."

Image: source.

I like crazy new music as much as the next guy (well, maybe not quite as much), but when the going gets rough (or good, or just confusing), I pretty much come back to the same 3 albums I have loved since high school (and, in one case, middle school): "August and Everything After" (Counting Crows), "1200 Curfew" (Indigo Girls), and "Graceland" (Paul Simon). Maybe not the coolest line-up, but I wouldn't trade these for anything. (Oddly enough "Dookie" (Green Day), which I SWORE I would love forever, didn't make the cut....)

Love the Hand Drawn Maps Association, and this kids map of NYC.
"May whatever circumstances arise in this life serve the awakening of this heart and mind and may this life be of benefit to all human beings." (Tara Brach)

1 comment:

Cherri Porter said...

Seriously, those are three good albums. I could road trip with you! (I'm loving your blog by the way. I'm trying to think where I learned about it. Maybe Sal?)