10.26.2010

Some awesome news from my pre-law school employer, Prisoners' Legal Services of New York. They do great work, and their willingness to hire and train me not only introduced me to prisoners' rights work (which remains a passion), but also started me on my path towards law school.

"Anthony Burrill collected BP oil from the beach at Grand Isle, Louisiana and used it as the ink for a limited edition silkscreen poster."

Image: South of Klamath Falls, Oregon (1973) from “Uncommon Places” by Stephen Shore.

“I sometimes find myself just admiring the pockets of space between the different branches in a tree and walking and immersing myself in those pockets of space. It is just beautiful. It is a beautiful sensation.” - Sue Barry, a neurobiologist, had been cross-eyed since early infancy. As a result, she viewed the world in a flat plane and had no stereoscopic 3-D vision.

"hello babies. welcome to earth. it’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. it’s round and wet and crowded. on the outside, babies, you’ve got a hundred years here. there’s only one rule that i know of, babies - 'god damn it, you’ve got to be kind.'" - k. vonnegut

7 mile run tonight. Dusk, deer, hens, fog rolling over the mountains.

No comments: