10.27.2010

Writer Arundhati Roy May Be Arrested For Sedition After Kashmir Remarks. "Pity the nation that has to silence its writers for speaking their minds. Pity the nation that needs to jail those who ask for justice, while communal killers, mass murderers, corporate scamsters, looters, rapists, and those who prey on the poorest of the poor, roam free."

Image: source.

Should I do it? (the 70.3 is the short version (albeit longer than the sprint version)). The one in Austin would give me the most time to prepare. The hardest part would be getting myself ready for the swim. But I'm spending the whole winter and spring working on running, and my biking is decent, so I could devote the summer to swimming....a thought....

This morning's run: 5 miles, pitch black and could see Orion as I headed out. Saw a 4-point buck moving through the darkness, ghost-like. Ran by the coffee places brewing all their beans, arrived home with red cheeks. Knees sore.

"reaching / into the darkness, learning / little by little to love / our only world." Mary Oliver

No comments: