10.27.2008

Arg...

Being without a computer is insanely annoying. I think I use mine more than the average person, which is too much already I'm sure - to take notes on during class, to watch all my movies on, for email, banking...everything. So being without for even 4 days is trying my patience. For those of you curious, I have decided (with almost 90% certainty) to go with the new MacBook. The only annoyance is the added almost $400 required in order to get Works, a warranty plan, etc. It adds up and this isn't really an economy that inspires spending. Anyways, hopefully I will love it and think it's all worthwhile. We'll see.

I did find this in my Inbox from the Daily Heller and it elicited at least a small amount of delight in my crabby Monday self. This month marks the 100th anniversary of the widely recognized London Underground logo! Ever since visiting England with my Dad when I was 12 or so, the Underground logo has filled me with pleasant memories - London was the first time I had ever been out of the US and maybe even my first time in a city...at least my first time in a city with public transportation that I rode (hey, I grew up in Alaska). I remember being so impressed that we could ride around on this magic machine that took us (and everyone else!) where we wanted to go - to some extent I have retained that sense of glee about public transportation by not living in a city until now. Although Boston's T leaves something to be desired, I still get a kick out of the fact that I havent owned a car the whole time I have lived here and really haven't had the need. So happy 100th birthday Underground logo! Thanks for being my introduction to good design and sensible public transport.

No comments: