10.30.2008

PrObama Nation

I have a computer! After a week (was it only a week?) of computer-less existence, and multiple attempts to get my ThinkPad back up and running, I've caved in and am now the proud (albeit a bit confused) owner of the shiny, new MacBook. There are a lot of things about it that I am adjusting too, but I can tell I will be a big fan. Already one person has recommended that I get something called "The Missing Manual" to help with the transition, and I am planning to attend one of the Apple Store's free tutorials on learning how to use my new toy - any other tips on transitioning into the Apple user I was (clearly) meant to be?

Alas, in the mess that was the quick breakdown of my last computer, I have lost all my notes, photos, and music. Yes, thousands of dollars and years of memories. When will I learn to reliably back up? Not my 27th year, apparently. That said, I have recently had similar things happen (like my college-era email account self-erase) and, all in all, I don't mind letting it all go so much. I don't need some old Yahoo! account to remember what my early 20's were like, or 20,000 photos documenting every time where I successfully (or not so successfully) socialized. That said, I do miss my music. Therefore, mix cds and general music donations will be accepted.

In lieu of my missing music, I have returned to Pandora, ol' reliable. Currently: Jay-Z station.

Someone just told me about Design for Obama, a website successfully combining one thing I love and one thing I believe is the lesser of two evils in this year's presidential race. A friend of a friend (legit connection!) has a submission that I think is pretty rockin'.

In honor of tomorrow, the scarily accurate Five Costumes You Meet At A Halloween Party. And no, I won't be dressing up - I'm in court tomorrow and it might be a little inappropriate. Also, I'm a wuss when it comes to forced creativity.

No comments: