10.16.2008

I picked up a seashell to illustrate my homelessness

"Since he could speak, Brandon, now 8, has insisted that he was meant to be a girl. This summer, his parents decided to let him grow up as one. His case, and a rising number of others like it, illuminates a heated scientific debate about the nature of gender..." From The Atlantic's interesting article on transgender children.

On my wish list: Art Spiegelman's Breakdowns is re-released. From the awesome Design Observer.

Guilty fluff read: Glamour's Smitten blog. So sue me.

One of my favorite songs: Jens Lekman's "The Opposite of Hallelujah" (...or the live version, so you can appreciate the cadre of ladies in white dresses).

I've probably spent way more time on here than is considered cool....The Online Etymology Dictionary.


No comments: