10.16.2008

Sm{art}

"I feel a real sense from Palin not just that she has no qualifications, but that academic achievement is to be mocked and isn’t worth pursuing. The anti-intellectualism she represents is horrible, especially since getting the best education available is the best way for women to succeed. I don’t want an average person as my President or VP - I want someone who can run intellectual circles around every other world leader. In Palin I see someone who embraces and celebrates academic mediocrity, which is against everything I’ve ever valued as an educated professional." From Corporette.


Attend Sm{art}, support wonderful magazine Bitch.

Although I've never been, Dubai intrigues me from afar with it's intentional excess....this story (and accompanying photos) reveal what goes on behind constant construction and glittering skyline.

This weekend in NYC! Big Wheel Race in Central Park!

Interesting short piece, "My Wedding Ring," in the NYTimes Freakonomics blog (thanks for the heads up, Rebecca!). Nothing particularly ground-breaking (I don't know that not wearing a ring does much, nor does referring to your "spouse"), but a welcome discussion about heterosexual advocacy for equal marriage rights.


No comments: