10.22.2008

Things I Love: Kris's Color Stripes

A more recent design blog discovery of mine is Kris's Color Stripes. The page's creator (I'm assuming Kris) describes herself as "an artist and fashion designer with passion for home design" and writes that the blog is her "color diary." I really like it not only because I appreciate the selections she makes, but also for the unique "color stripes" take on it - for each item or spread, Kris shows what colors are being used and illustrates the pallet. I appreciate this technique because although I like to think of myself as having some eye for design (I know what I like when I see it!) I'm unsure about my ability to piece things together on my own. However, I can totally see myself taking a palette from the blog and experimenting with it in a room, or in a painting. The technique also helps me to slow down and pay attention to details. For instance, I never would have taken the time to notice the colors in these nebulas, and I love the idea of this chair-themed post.

No comments: