10.12.2008

Things I Love: Sunday


Every Sunday morning, before beginning the wonderful ritual that is the NYTimes and breakfast, I check PostSecret for their weekly updates. The PostSecret website (and, now, books) collects secrets anonymously mailed in via post card. Sometimes they are heartbreaking, sometimes they are funny, but there are always a few that either surprise me or make me think. It's a great public(private) art project and there are also great stories posted on the blog about how the page and the project has helped those who feel alone and ashamed of their secret. Read the story of PostSecret....and send in your own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

question: when the hell did you become so cheerful about everything all the time? or is it just that your alias shorty is this really cheerful person? the cheer is making me a little nervous. i'm not going to lie.

Jill said...

I love postsecret! I discovered it a year or so ago and I've been hooked ever since. And you're right--some of the secrets are heartbreaking, some make you chuckle, and all of them make you think. It's an interesting, anonymous connection to others. Good stuff.