10.24.2008

Things I Love: Youth Build Boston

I don't know much about this project, but I was cruising around their website today and was really impressed. Youth Build Boston (its a national program) describes themselves this way: "YouthBuild Boston empowers young people. Our academic and vocational training programs reopen closed doors to opportunity and extend the scope of possibilities. We serve young people, ages 14-24, addressing the various barriers they face. As the under-served become the stewards of their communities, we all become stronger." The program builds affordable - and eco friendly! - housing in under-served communities, and sells houses for affordable prices. I am coveting this one in Dorchester. I love programs that do good and make sense!

2 comments:

Anna Lawless-Collins said...

I used to work with kids from the Youth Build program in LA. It was humbling and fun all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the 'shout-out'. It's always inspiring to come across kind words like these. Our students have worked very hard on the 26 Arbutus St. site, and will be glad to know that others appreciate their work. I deal with media and communications for the organization, so I'd love to know how you heard about us. (apadillaATybbostonDOTorg)