1.16.2009

I Thought She Said Maple Leaves

GraphJam: graphs of the seemingly unquantifiable. (For instance "Odds that my Roommate Will be Going at it with Her Boyfriend.")

Globespotters on Mumbai Street Food. Maybe it wasn't "safe" but I ate street food (and pretty sketchy restaurant food) when I was in India and I never got sick. In fact, I felt a lot better than I do usually in the US, I think partially because I wasn't eating as much processed food or food with additives. Things may not have been the height of hygiene, but for the most part they were fresh, which I think counts for a lot....

Incredibly dreamy wallpaper....

R. Crumb takes on the Book of Genesis.


R.I.P. John Mortimer, Creator of Rumpole, Dies at 85

Feminist Law Profs: “Women in poor nations are 300 times more likely to die in childbirth or from pregnancy complications than those in the developed world, UNICEF warns."

No comments: