2.23.2009

“Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”*

A new website about my favorite city, Paris.

Chicago Police Superintendent won't release list of most reported cops.


Customized Eames Shell Chairs (I like the one that looks like it's dipped in chocolate!).

So amazingly out of my price range, but I can appreciate them nonetheless - Jennifer Behr's hair accessories.

Gorgeous new heels from NineWest....I dream of finding a blue pair on sale....someday.


From the Valentine's Day episode of This American Life: "Each of the show's three vignettes focuses on someone "searching for people who will understand them like no one else does." The first and third segments are about more traditional, straight, romantic love (albeit with the quirkiness of most This American Life stories). The second segment, however, is about friendship, specifically the friendship between two eight-year-old transgender children, born biologically male, but who identify as girls. The rare and brilliant part is that the producers not only let their parents speak, but also let the girls themselves share their thoughts. It's both heartwrenching and inspiring."

* Mark Twain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish that article about the Chicago police surprised me.