2.17.2009

Louise Only Got From Me Innocent Poetry

News flash! Even Gov. Palin's daughter admits her mom's ideas about teen abstinence are "not realistic at all."  Get with the program, everyone!

Left: what I thought high school was going to be like - reality was a harsh blow!  Long live Ferris Bueller!

Yellow stays strong as the pop color of the season.  I don't think I have any on my wardrobe, which means I'll be on the look out for some yellow spring shoes or a bag...or maybe, on my budget, a yellow headband...


The article is a bit cheesy and simplistic but I did appreciate someone taking out the time to thank construction workers.  As the proud step-daughter of a life-long laborer, I agree that they are under-appreciated and undervalued.  Additionally, I go crazy every time someone whines about the laws concerning slowing down in construction zones - and the high cost of tickets for violating these laws.  Think about if it was your father or daughter on the side of the road, with drunk or distracted drivers whizzing by all day.  So take the time and slow down, don't whine about your drive taking 5 minutes more, and appreciate the hard work of construction workers.


Defamer: McFlurryGate!  30 Rock and product placement.

An interview with the always-inspiring Maya Angelou.  I particularly liked/felt her advice for people going through hard times: Well, I would say, look what you've already come through! Don't deny it. You've already come through some things, which are very painful. If you've been alive until you're 35, you have gone through some pain. It cost you something. And you've come through it. So at least look at that. And have a sense to look at yourself and say, 'Well, wait a minute. I'm stronger than I thought I was.' . . . So we need to not be in denial about what we've done, what we've come through. It will help us if we all do that."

“It takes a long time to grow young.” - Pablo Picasso