3.17.2009

I Like Your Twisted Point Of View, Mike

The beautiful jewelry of Becky Kelso.  Love this ring, this necklace, and these earrings...

Jezebel: Did Big Love cross a line?

Left: source.

From the "no s**t, Sherlock" files: "Public Interest Jobs Won't Fall Into Your Lap."  There are a few thing about this article that annoy me - first of all, public interest jobs aren't the same as pro bono or volunteer work.  Second, the firms that are paying or subsidizing their employees vacation into public interest law kill me - those of us who have been working for years to enter the public interest field should not have our jobs taken away by people who are getting subsided up to $5000 a month from firms and will simply return to their corporate jobs after a year....seriously, I get worked up just thinking about it.

Dork alert: when I saw this I was pretty excited to understand the concept of "proxy fight"...guess I learned something in Corporations...

I can't help it, I love tiny houses: Sweetwater Bungalows.

Calls to end civil marriage entirely.

Unreal floor patterns made of salt (you have to see them to really get it...).  Stunning.

Boston Herald: Immigrants face lengthy detention with few rights.

What's the difference?  Bacon, Pancetta, and Proscuitto. (I know what they have in common: deliciousness).

No comments: