3.30.2009

With Your Feet In The Air And Your Head On The Ground

Love the jewelry at Neology by Mina, especially these delicate gold rings. I'm crushing on the layered look (left)!

Especially for my awesome librarian friends: young adult literature and body image.

This stunning coat makes me realize I need to bust out of the all black winter wear...maybe next year.

Sen. Webb pushes prison reform.

Strange Maps: the best beer in America.

Top PA Court Reverses Over 1,000 Juvenile Convictions: "In the latest chapter in an ongoing state-court corruption saga in Pennsylvania, a state supreme court ruling today is expected to reverse perhaps as many as 1,200 juvenile court convictions entered by a now-convicted judge."

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” - Jane Austen

1 comment:

mk said...

Thanks for the YA lit & body image link. It's so tough to walk the tightrope between what adults consider "healthy" imagery--and that goes for everything from body image to sexuality to depictions of women in general--and what kids are begging to read.

I'm always in favor of giving teens what they want to read, stocking the library with good non-fiction on topics of interest, and keeping dialogue open. But I do wonder what some of our readers who are a little less talkative are taking away from the books they devour.