4.20.2009

The Littlest Birds Sing The Prettiest Songs

More on Rhinebeck - Rhinebeck restaurants, including my past employer Bread Alone!

And more on the "trans panic defense" from The Curvature.


Ray LaMontage covers "Crazy." 

Paul Simon, "You Can Call Me Al" (live).  If I don't get to see him in concert someday, I know I'll regret it, even though tickets are so expensive...

Image: left.

Apparently Steve Buscemi and his son are too cool for our Gehry building...I guess I don't blame them.

Elaborate Japanese manhole covers...who knew.

Another "to read": "Dreams from the Monster Factory: A Tale of Prison, Redemption, and One Woman’s Fight to Restore Justice to All"

The Housing Revolution in the Bronx: Green, Affordable and for Low-Income Women: "Green and beautiful low-income housing? This sounds like an oxymoron. The usual standard for housing for the poor has been cheap and functional. But only this year came Intervale Green, a low-income apartment building in the South Bronx that might just be a model for developers."

“Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 comment:

SallyBeth said...

I have such a specific memory of declining my mother's offer to get me a ticket to go with her when Paul Simon played with Ladysmith Black Mambazo at UVA. It was in the Giant grocery store parking lot. (Obviously I was waiting for Operation Ivy to come to town instead...it never happened). I'm kicking myself years later and stealing the Paul Simon Anthology off my girlfriend's computer.
Paul Simon has such a baby face in that video!