5.31.2009

I enjoyed this spread on designers under 40 in today's Times Magazine. Who knows where my interest in design comes from - my living spaces are always total chaos, I don't have the patience for close attention to detail, and I certainly don't have the funds to purchase any of these artists creations...and yet learning about design continues to be one of the things I find most fascinating...who knows.

Great use of New Deal typeface in the new Public Enemy promo materials.

The National, "Mistaken for Strangers"

DIY Kids Edition: How to make your very own superhero ABCs book.

I'm not a huge animated movie fan, but I heard an interview on Fresh Air with one of the creators of Up and it got my pretty psyched about the movie (listen to the interview, if you have even a passing interest in animation). And here's David Edelstiens review.

Left: "Juxtapoz’ Greg Escalante came across a wonderful rotating collage called Love is Patient. It is an algorithmic collage based on a Voronoi Tessellation algorithm. Sound confusing? It is, but the beauty of the collage in action is simply mesmerizing. See it now here." h/t Juxtapoz.

In very sad news, Dr. George Tiller, one of the country's few providers of late-term abortions was shot dead as he walked into church this morning.  There are no words to express the absurdity of such violence happening at the hands of those who claim to love life.  My thoughts are with his family.  THANK YOU to all the brave doctors, nurses, and activists out there working to keep women and their families safe and healthy.

No comments: