6.22.2009

"Mothers of America / let your kids go to the movies!" Ave Maria, by Frank O'Hara.

Image: source.

The Massachusetts Superior Court, which earlier this year rescinded all conditional clerkship offers, considers taking on deferred associates - chaos and ethical dilemmas ensue.

The Onion, Search For Self Called Off After 38 Years, "The longtime search for self conducted by area man Andrew Speth was called off this week, the 38-year-old said Monday. 'I always thought that if I kept searching and exploring, I'd discover who I truly was,' said Speth from his Wrigleyville efficiency. 'Well, I looked deep into the innermost recesses of my soul, I plumbed the depths of my subconscious, and you know what I found? An empty, windowless room the size of an aircraft hangar. From now on, if anybody needs me, I'll be sprawled out on this couch drinking black-cherry soda and watching Law & Order like everybody else.'"

Maybe it's just because I'm a huge fan of the word "advocate," but I am excited about this: "As health care becomes more and more complicated, some people are turning to patient advocates to help them get through the system. Advocates help coordinate care, accompany patients to doctors' appointments and help negotiate the increasingly complex world of medicine."

No comments: