11.08.2009

Feministing takes on Stupak. And a breakdown of the basics of the House health-reform bill.

I like this unique wrap-around bracelet (or necklace!).

One of my favorite fashionista NK and I both loved this look, left.

From NPR: "Tomorrow, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments about whether sentencing a juvenile to life in prison without parole is unconstitutional because it constitutes cruel and unusual punishment."

Such a sweet little ring.

I was in North Carolina for work last week, and a local recommended that we check out Acme in Carrborro - it turned out to be one of the best meals I've had in months. Pecan encrusted fried chicken with mashed potatoes, pulled pork on top of mac and cheese...mmmmm. If you are headed to the area, I would urge you to stop by.

Some gorgeous images of islands seen from above.

I really enjoyed this recent article in the New Yorker. As my interest in cooking increases, so does my desire to read about food: "For nearly twenty-five years, Jonathan Gold, the high-low priest of the L.A. food scene, has been chronicling the city’s carts and stands and dives and holes-in-mini-malls; its Peruvian, Korean, Uzbek, Isaan Thai, and Islamic Chinese restaurants; the places that serve innards, insects, and extremities."

No comments: