11.01.2009

Loving Michelle Chang's jewelry, especially these earrings, these earrings, this ring, and this necklace.

From the New York Review of Books, Can Our Shameful Prisons Be Reformed?

M. Ward and Okkervil River on Austin City Limits.


Image: source.

I love these photos of County Clare, they perfectly remind me of the blustery green roughness of the countryside.

Since winter is quickly approaching and I'm still looking for ways to comfort myself in the wake of my Bar failure, I've taken to the kitchen - cooking is one of my new favorite activities. I've made a great Mac and Cheese, roughly based on this recipe (last time I added little pieces of bacon and some frozen peas - taking away some of the healthiness of the original recipe, but adding some deliciousness...), as well as a lasagna made sans recipe! Last night I made another favorite, Chicken and Root Vegetable Pot Pie. I tweak the recipe a bit - instead of the veggies listed I sauté a red onion, chop up a few potatoes, and use frozen veggies for the rest. Also I use more broth than recommended, since it thickens up pretty quickly. Next up, I want to try a pot roast recipe, maybe this one....

1 comment:

Lipstick Lobbyist said...

For your latest hobby, the Bacon, Leek & Peas recipe from Martha. Did I mention the BACON?

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/leek-bacon-and-pea-risotto?autonomy_kw=risotto