11.28.2009

These large black and gold "Cornelia" earrings would be great for a holiday outfit (Thanks KC).

I've finally gotten around to starting a book club! Our first meeting is not till January (I figured post-holiday would be best) but I'm looking forward to it - I want more books in my life, and more book-loving people and discussion around me! Our first choice: "The Elegance of the Hedgehog." It comes highly recommended by two people whose opinions I trust, plus it's out in paperback - two factors in my book choices. I'm hoping we eventually tackle both fiction and non-fiction, but we will see how it goes.

Image: source.

The sweetest ring ever? Maybe.

From the New Yorker, "Why We Use Cookbooks."

Awesome light made from reclaimed teak (thanks ELM!)

“Nothing can supply the place of books. They are cheering or soothing companions in solitude, illness, affliction. The wealth of both continents would not compensate for the good they impart.” - William Henry Channing

No comments: