12.15.2009

See these adorable slippers? My mom MADE me a pair for Christmas! Pretty awesome, right?

Love this horizontal turquoise ring, 'golden drop' earrings, and jasper necklace from Sara Westermark's Etsy shop (I got a pair of these earrings from her before and they were great!).

Image: source.

Customizable Keds? Loving it.

Slate ranks the best jazz albums of 2009. And Pitchfork's top 100 tracks of '09.

Rogue Femme Art to appear in Art Calendar Magazine! Congrats, ELM, for continuing to be an example of amazing talent combined with sheer willpower and determination!

Manola Dargis loses her sh*t on Hollywood - and it's awesome. "I don't want to be the woman critic. I don't want to be the feminist critic. I don't want to be the shrew. What I want to do is talk about the art that I love and point out, every so often, inequities"

Oooooh! Aaaaah! Old Hollywood has a plethora of amazing, unique jewelry finds...

Parole is a difficult issue to discuss but it NEEDS to be a topic of public awareness and involvement. From the LA Times: When California denies a murderer parole, should it need a reason?: Eligible prisoners can't be refused early release just because of the gravity of their crimes -- 'some evidence' has to show the inmate would pose a threat to public safety, some judges have ruled. (h/t Crim Prof Blog)

No comments: