2.11.2010


My boyfriend is a huge Polaroid fan, a photographer himself, and a lover of the history of Edwin Land and his creations. So when I saw that a portion of Land's photography collection is going to be auctioned at Sotheby's this summer, I forwarded it his way asap. Having never been to an art auction or to Sotheby's, I was unsure whether there was any way we could get into view the collection or the auction. I wrote Sotheby's asking and they got back to me the same day! Pretty impressive. Anyways, turns out the public can view the collection and, long story short(er) it looks like a trip to NYC is due this summer, maybe for my birthday! I can't wait to see the collection, visit friends, and be back in the Big Apple.

Left: love this deep red, mismatched arrangement.

From Jezebel, Should We Teach Feminism in School? Hell yes! How can we possibly teach the history of this country or prepare our kids to be engaged, informed citizens without addressing race, gender, sexuality....??

Although I was initially interested in Google Buzz, the fact they went into my account and contacted a bunch of people before I could even realize they were doing it was enough to make me quit Buzz after less than a day.

Loving these indoor shutters! I'm not sure why but they really remind me of when I lived in South Beach.

I'm not usually a big fan of pink but this is a great round-up, especially the jacket and the vintage buttons.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Hi Sarah! (Its Rachel Patner from Bard) just saw on facebook that you have a blog too - its fun to discover other bloggers that I know. Love this use of bottles with flowers. Great link, thanks!