2.03.2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!



Happy Birthday, Mom! To the kindest, strongest, most patient and wonderful mom I could ever ask for. I love you! xxoxox

Another strong woman I love, Joan Baez:



I love Joan Baez for so many reasons: because my mom loves her and I love thinking about my mom when she was my age, listening to Joan and seeing her in concert; because "I'm With You" is "our" song; because she's a beautiful, older woman who's independent and has gone grey with pride (like my mom!); because my mom and I have gone to two of her shows together; because she was so harshly treated by Bob Dylan (and his fans, of which I am one) and is so relatable as someone who feel for the talented but selfish man; and because every time she sings one of his songs it is such a heartbreaking and awesome "f you" (above and below: giving new meaning to "I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind / coulda done better but, I don't mind / you just kinda wasted my precious time," one of the best lines about a breakup ever.) Long live Joan!

No comments: