6.28.2010

The story of how harsh new immigration laws in Arizona have affected one family.

From Inmate to Lawyer—to Judge? Former Prisoner Might Be Appointed to the Massachusetts Bench.

Image: source. To all my big and true hearted ladies.

Gorgeous and detailed doodles on Post-It Notes...

More on the importance of women asking for raises....do it, ladies! Get what you deserve!

Do law schools have the duty, and the ability, to produce happier and healthier lawyers? I'd like to think so, however, I also recognize that law school is first and foremost a training program, and most of the efforts I've read about to address the health and sanity of law students don't seem effective. That said, I firmly believe that my law school's choice not to have letter grades or class rankings contributed to a less-unhealthy, less-crazy environment than many law schools. Additionally, the focus on practice, as opposed to theory (through the clinics and co-op program), gave everyone the chance to figure out what kind of lawyer they wanted to be (both in terms of ethics and practice area), as well as a break from the self-esteem-crushing coursework of law school....go NUSL!

No comments: