8.02.2010

Interesting article from TinyBuddha on erasing credit card debt and spending mindfully. I'm currently in the process of trying to adhere to a strict budget in order to pay off (minimal but still nagging) credit card debt, as well as build up a small savings for the first time in years. It's not easy on a legal services attorney salary, but I know I will be much happier if I can learn to spend less and save more.

ACLU Tennessee launches a site to help immigrants know their rights and options - good stuff!

Image: source.

Surreal connection becoming increasingly common reality." Heartbreaking.

Although I enjoyed Stieg Larsson's trilogy, I really appreciated this article's dissection of its heroine and the copious amounts of violence against women.

Loved this chat between father and son about logos and good design.

Piece from Wired on the death of the phone call - I'm newly committed to overcoming my phone phobia, and am learning to appreciate it's unique qualities of intimacy.

Ooooh, an iPhone app for the (beloved by me) Museum of Natural History. I like.

“Do not look for rest in any pleasure, because you were not created for pleasure: you were created for Joy. And if you do not know the difference between pleasure and joy you have not yet begun to live.” - Thomas Merton

No comments: