8.23.2010

Ooooh, I definitely want to make my own lavender oil. I love when its hot and dry here in Oregon, and you can smell the lavender as you pass peoples houses (also I have a huge soft spot for lavender ever since going to Provence...)

Rap and GoogleMaps, a match made in heaven. Who knew?

Image: source.

Before seeing The September Issue this would've meant nothing to me, but I was pretty taken with Grace Coddington and would totally check out her memoirs.

Book shelf (room/tower) love!

"The CA legislature is considering a bill to eliminate juvenile LWOP for any crime."

“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” - James Arthur Baldwin

“It is shocking and profoundly regrettable, but, apparently, sales of oranges are falling steadily because people can no longer be bothered to peel them. As soon as I read this, I began buying oranges more frequently and eating them with greater pleasure. Now I peel an orange very slowly, deliberately, voluptuously, above all defiantly, as a riposte to an age that demands war without casualties, public services without taxes, rights without obligations, celebrity without achievement, sex without relationship, running shoes without running, coursework without work and sweet grapes without seeds.” - From The Age of Absurdity:Why Modern Life Makes It Hard To Be Happy by Michael Fole

No comments: