11.02.2010

Definitely want to check it out: Mountains that Take Wing: Angela Davis & Yuri Kochiyama: A Conversation on Life, Struggles and Liberation:" The film captures conversations between the two activists and icons spanning a decade as they talk social change and political struggle, theory and activism and art. The film is a unique opportunity to eavesdrop on two women who’ve been at the center of civil rights, prison abolition and global liberation struggles as they reflect on their lives and the work ahead. A rare and exciting snapshot of living history."

Image: found this lying on the ground during my cool-down walk after my run today. Thought it was amazing how the ribbon just barely lined up with the leaf.

This morning was a 5 mile run and every mile felt rough. Side cramps, despite warming up, and sore knees. Brutal. One of those mornings where I think, haven't I been working out every day? Shouldn't this be easier by now? Still a good start to the day though - complete with a crowing rooster, 8 deer sighted, and the smell of freshly baked bread as I jogged by a bakery.

Listening to: Ghostface "You Know I'm No Good" (Remix/Feat. Amy Winehouse); Frightened Rabbit "Swim Until You Can't See Land"; Ryan Adams "Helpless" (Neil Young Cover); Florence + The Machine "Oh Darling" (The Beatles Cover Live Session Version); Florence & The Machine Ft. Kid Harpoon "I'm Goin' Down"; Wilco "True Love Will Find You In The End" (Daniel Johnston Cover).

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi, shorty--I'm a shorty too. re: the run--when I was running, there would be days that just felt like junk. Legs heavy, couldn't get breathing right, unexplained aches. It's all part of the process. Keep going! It could mean you need a break or slow it down, or try a new route.

Best to you!

Shorty said...

Hey Valerie, thanks for the comment and encouragement! It's always hard to figure out what's the discomfort you just have to push through and then it's a sign youre doing something wrong....also I'm so anxious for improvement that sometimes I forget I'm still really new to running!