11.29.2010

An Interview with Eileen Myles: “If you’re interested in poetry, I’ll give you lesbianism, and if you’re interested in lesbianism, I’ll give you poetry.”

Precedent and Prologue, Jeffrey Toobin on the 10 year anniversary (wow) of Bush v. Gore.

From the Texas Observer, Solitary Men: Does prolonged isolation drive death row prisoners insane?

Video: Chrissie Wellington shatters the women's Ironman world record time. Kick ass.

Image: source.

A beaut: Sam Cooke, "Darling, I Need You Now."

If you're seriously considering law school and plan to practice public interest law....well, I have a lot of advice for you. But one piece of advice would be apply to the Public Interest Law Scholarship at Northeastern. As a lucky recipient of the scholarship (which is now even larger than when I was enrolled), and a past NUSL recruiter, I believe in and love the school, and also realize that my ability to be a legal services attorney directly out of law school is a clear result of the financial and networking support I received via the scholarship. Feel free to write me with any questions if this is something you are seriously considering.

I'm back on the running bandwagon. Kicked out 5 miles on my last day in AK, 8 miles yesterday, and back to bootcamp this morning. For the first time, my knees are hurting. It doesn't feel like it's deep in the joint, it's almost the tops of my knees, tender to the touch, like the tendons running across my knee caps are sore or something (my complete lack of knowledge about the human body is not doing me any favors). I'm hoping that incorporating trails into my runs, plus being back in bootcamp, will help me get through the pain. But running with stiff and hurting knees is not thrilling me. I want to be healthy and able to run for miles and miles and miles, damn it!

No comments: