11.19.2010

Today I head off (with my mom) for a weekend long retreat on Meditation, Relaxation, and Concentration. I've heard the place we are going is pretty secluded, rustic, and "very Oregon" - I'm a little bit nervous but mainly looking forward to the chance to slow down and check in.

The books I'm taking with me include: "Comfortable With Uncertainty" (which I first wrote as "Uncomfortable With Certainty" - ha!) and "No Time To Lose," both by Pema Chodron, "The A.B.C. Murders" by Agatha Christie (I've been tearing through the Christie recently), "The Wonder Spot" by Melissa Bank, and "Let's Get Free: A Hip-Hop Theory of Justice" by Paul Butler.

Image: source.


Some acquaintances of mine (and their awesome dog) are taking a year to sail around the oceans in their sailboat - follow their adventures here. I'm so inspired by the way they committed to this idea for a few years and are really making it happen!

I thought this article on coming out (the personal and political commitment to coming out, and specifically coming out as a bisexual woman) was interesting and well done.

No comments: