12.28.2010

I saw 127 Hours last night. I don't know if it really lives up to the hype (personally I found the editing and the soundtrack both distracting and weak) but James Franco was great and I found myself crying at the end of it. Overall, worth seeing.

Image: source.

Tonight my mom and I are watching A Single Man, which I've been wanting to see forever.

Heard this report on NPR and thought it was both heartbreaking and inspiring: A Female Explorer Discovered On The High Seas: "Jeanne Baret didn't set out to be the first woman to circumnavigate the globe. When she stepped onboard the Etoile in 1766, she was looking for plants. Her lover, Philibert Commerson, was a well-known botanist at the time and had been selected to be part of French explorer Louis Antoine de Bougainville's round-the-world expedition from 1766-69."

Deportation Is Not A Family Value: "During his first two years in office, President Obama’s administration has dramatically increased enforcement of undocumented immigrant deportations. In fact, the current administration has far exceeded the Bush administration’s level of deportations and is currently spending $17 billion per year on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)."

“I don’t want to become someone who ignores the pain of others. We’re all human beings, together, on this planet, and it’s only an accident of luck that means I can give and not receive.” Source.

Planned workout: 5 mile run. Actual workout: 5 mile run/jog/walk combo, 1 hr Zumba.

No comments: