12.03.2010

What Matters Most is How Well You Walk Through the Fire

Call your representatitves and let them know you support the DREAM Act! This site makes it easy - you enter in your phone number, and they call you back and leave a message - when you listen to the message, you are immediately connected with your representatives office. It couldn't be any easier!


Image: source.

From NYTimes Lens: In a Common Scene, a 'Queer Subject': Molly Landreth captures the parallel lives led by gay and transgendered Americans. And Sam Dolnick explains how and why she does."

Enjoying Amy Winehouse's "Help Yourself"

Went for a run this morning, fingers crossed the whole time that my knees, which were nearly pain free, would hold up. At my moms suggestions, I rubbed my legs with Tiger Balm before getting dressed and then bundled up. They were definitely aching after about 3 miles, I will admit, but not unbearably so. I went slowly, avoided going downhills, walked a little, and managed to kick out 7 miles. It felt great to be back out there, running in the morning. I'm headed to the pool this evening to try to continue strengthening my legs (and lungs) without the impact...

“Someday you’ll find the right person, Mari, and you’ll learn to have a lot more confidence in yourself. That’s what I think. So don’t settle for anything less. In this world, there are things you can only do alone, and things you can only do with somebody else. It’s important to combine the two in just the right amount.” - After Dark by Haruki Murakami

No comments: