1.08.2011

Catholic Church Drops United Way in Oregon after Planned Parenthood and United Way Work Together: "The Oregon Catholic Church is closing ranks, pulling support of United Way after it was discovered that the Southwest Oregon Planned Parenthood , with the donations from United Way, started providing the abortion pill RU-486."

Image: source.

Today's scheduled workout: 10 mi run. Today's actual workout: yet to be determined. I took yesterday off - Thursday was supposed to be my day off but I ran anyways and Friday, well....I thought I needed a day. I'm struggling with the mental aspect of training right now, to be honest. I guess I'm struggling a little generally right now, and training is just a part of that. The recent weather has meant I've done all my running inside, so it's been far less enjoyable than my outside runs. Also, to be honest, I'm psychologically struggling with the amount I'm eating now that I'm working out so much. I know I need to, but as someone who has struggled with weight and body issues in the past, it's hard to be downing so many calories every day. The struggle to be healthy - on all front - continues.

"I know I'm not David Beckham . . . but I do believe I am a role model to show that anything is possible and that your limits might not be where you think that they are. I'm continually surprising myself by what I can achieve." - Chrissie Wellington, IronWoman

"Worship power, you will end up feeling weak and afraid, and you will need ever more power over others to numb you to your own fear. Worship your intellect, being seen as smart, you will end up feeling stupid, a fraud, always on the verge of being found out. But the insidious thing about these forms of worship is not that they’re evil or sinful, it’s that they’re unconscious. They are default settings. The really important kind of freedom involves attention and awareness and discipline, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day. That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing." - David Foster Wallace

No comments: