1.15.2011

Check out "This Much I Know", a 24 min. self-described "Bollywood-enviro-art short" by my brilliant and wonderful friend Bridget Hanna.
I read about Balega running socks over at the great Just A Titch and now I'm super curious to try them. I've never really paid attention to the type of socks I wear, but maybe these would help me out (especially the compression ones that go over my shin splints...?)

Image: source.

Check out Sarah (of Yes & Yes)'s interesting post on "International Gender

Today's planned workout: 10 mile run. Today's actual workout: I'm headed to the Frostbite 10K run in Talent, OR, with some of my lovely bootcamp ladies!

I absolutely loved Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet, when I was myself a young poet. Despite no longer writing poetry, I still find it to be a beautiful and moving work on art, embracing struggle, solitude: "If we only arrange our life in accordance with the principle which tells us that we must always trust in the difficult, then what now appears to us as the most alien will become our most intimate and trusted experience. How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage." source.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Balega running socks? Pretty much make me want to get out in the 20 degree NYC weather to run. If I had a million dollars, I would wear a new pair everyday for the rest of my life.

PS Love your blog! Found you through Yes and yes!

Shorty said...

Oooh thanks for seconding the Balega running socks love! I might go out and grab some prior to my first half marathon this weekend!