1.05.2011

Public library love! Seriously, renewing my library card when I moved home was one of the best things I could've done.

The Fall 2010 edition of Pace Law Review is "Opening Up a Closed World: A Sourcebook on Prison Oversight" via

Image: source. I'm trying.

Reading Julia Child's My Life In France was one of the most enjoyable reading experiences I had in the last year, so I'm definitely curious to check out this new book of her correspondence. I bet she was a great pen pal.

Currently reading: Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster by Jon Krakauer: Even as someone who has no interest in risking life and limb on the side of a mountain, I was immediately sucked into this book. That said, it is totally stressing me out to read, since the tension and life-and-death tone of being on Everest is so vivid - yikes.

Today's planned workout: 6 mi run, 30 min swim. Today's actual workout: yet to be determined! Since I ended up going back to the gym last night for a 2nd workout, I let myself sleep in this morning (till 7 instead of 5:30) which means that I'm going to have to fit in another evening workout. Still planning on still doing the 6/30 though. In other training news, I went ahead and ordered the bike trainer. I'm pretty nervous about it (making it work in the garage, getting used to it, using it enough to make it worthwhile etc), but also excited.

No comments: