1.19.2011


Image: source.

Today's planned workout: 6 mile run (slow and steady). Today's actual workout: bootcamp. This is my last chance to attend bootcamp for almost two weeks (because of my half-marathon and then going out of town), so I wanted to take advantage of it. Also I don't want to run too many miles the week before my race. Bootcamp this week has been super hard, which is good. From here on out, I think I'm gonna job/run a slow 3-4 miles per day up till my half-marathon on Sunday to stay loose and focused but not worn out....

Another someday goal for me: hiking the entirety of the Pacific Crest Trail.

Love for an Immigrant Family's Story, in Watercolor and Watercress: "MacNaughton's "Farmers' Market Farmers In Their Own Words" is part of her ongoing series of "In Their Own Words" watercolor-and-ink comics, each one putting pictures to an individual's story from a less-heard section of San Francisco's community. In this installment, MacNaughton introduces us to an unnamed family who emigrated from Vietnam in 1979, becoming 'the first Asian Family in Rio Linda.'"

No comments: