2.25.2011

After hearing multiple interviews with the author of the book Hellhound On His Trail: The Stalking of Martin Luther King, Jr. and the International Hunt for His Assassin, I knew I would love it....and I do. It's exactly the sort of book I wish I could write - a nonfiction book that reads like fiction, where all the amazing research work that the author has done lies just palpably below the surface of a really strong narrative. I wish I could spend like 10 years digging into every nook and cranny of a topic and turning out such a riveting read! So far, highly recommended.

I'm back on the treadmill, and couldn't be more thrilled. At this point I've just been running about 5 miles a day (actually alternating between jogging and walking at a steep incline). Being able to move again, combined with being on day 5 of no sugar (which I'm actually realizing is turning out to be less "no sugar" and more "no processed foods, no sugar, more fruit and veggies") and I'm feeling great. Go healthy me! (I did have a nightmare last night about a triathlon, which sucked but....)

Image: source.

“What on earth can you do on this earth but catch at whatever comes near you, with both your hands, until your fingers are broken?” - Tennessee Williams

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh that does sound really good.

Also it's good to know another person who likes Tennessee Williams-I have a tattoo with one of his quotes and people ask me about it all the time so I feel like I should explain it, but a lot of people don't know who he is!