4.13.2011

Listening to Sharron Van Etten's Tiny Desk Concert (at the recommendation of my bff, who just made me three of the best mixes ever).

From the NYTimes, Is Sugar Toxic?

Image: source.

Training: after taking a record two days off, I pushed myself out of bed today and got my butt to bootcamp this morning. Although I think I need those times where I just lay in bed and read and don't force myself to excercize, again and again I am reminded that even just an hour of physical activity helps me so much. I've felt very agitated these past few weeks, and had a lot of anxiety, so I guess now's not the time to scrimp on the physical activity. I'm planning to head to the Y after work to get in a swim.

Last night I finished reading Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. It was sort of an odd reading experience, and I still don't know quite what make of this book. The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking "I've read this before" which I think I have, and yet the fact it remained so vague to me seems to say something. I feel like I should like this book more than I did. Maybe part of the reason I didn't is because people keep referring to it as a mystery. Are there some unsolved mysteries at the heart of the book? Yes. And yet something about approaching it as a mystery contributed to my feelings of disappointment, I think. I don't know. Everything is there for the book - good writing, mysteries I wanted solved, and yet I just didn't really enjoy it.

No comments: