5.10.2011

Junot Díaz on Apocalypse: What Disasters Reveal

I've seen a few variations on this, but always get a kick out of it: How valid is the implied legal advice in Jay-Z's "99 Problems"? (" 'Well do you mind if I look around the car a little bit?' / Well, my glove compartment is locked, so is the trunk in the back / And I know my rights, so you gon' need a warrant for that")

Image: source.

I finally got some sleep last night, but it was still hard to drag my butt out of bed in the morning. I'm not gonna lie, it was a pathetic run - about 3 miles of running and 2 of walking. I was slow and stiff and couldn't believe I was the same person who just ran a marathon a week or so ago. The body is a crazy thing. I'm feeling discouraged right now, but I'm trying not to let it get me down.

I always love reading Dear Sugar.

A review of the Eugene Marathon by Skinny Runner (whose snarky running blog I've come to love).

No comments: