5.05.2011

Ugh: Race Impacts State Legislators’ Responsiveness To Inquiries From Constituents

I AM: Trans People Speak is "a multi-media campaign aimed
at raising awareness about the diverse communities
of trans individuals, families, and allies."

From the American Bar Association, a new LGBT antibullying/ antidiscrimination campaign, "The Kids Are Listening.”

Image: source.

Tonight I'm headed to dinner with a wonderful friend and then we are going to see Source Code. I have to say, the previews look absolutely horrible but it's gotten some pretty good reviews. Training wise, I have been a major slacker this week. Some of it is because I'm post-marathon, some of it is because I'm being more social, some of it is just slackerness. Anyways, I'm hoping to get back on track this weekend, reducing sugar again, getting back to 8 hours of sleep a night, and making sure I'm on track for my marathons and triathlons this fall.

“Be thankful and repay / Growth with good work and care. / Work done in gratitude, / Kindly, and well, is prayer. / You did not make yourself, / Yet you must keep yourself / By use of other lives. / No gratitude atones / For bad use or too much.” - Wendell Berry, from A Timbered Choir: The Sabbath Poems, 1979-1997

No comments: