8.09.2011

From Flavorwire: 10 Books Any Self-Respecting Feminist Needs on Her Shelf

Image: source.

Currently reading: David Byrne, Bicycle Diaries. (Still reading Born To Run, as well. Close to the end and loving it.)

From GOOD: A Pop-Up Farm Opens in Midtown Manhattan

An update to the 2011 version of (the imperfect but worth-a-read) Nickled And Dimed.

As I've gotten more active, and started planning for races and rides months ahead, I've definitely considered this issue: Athletic Performance and The Monthly Cycle. Interestingly, I've found that prior to my period, I often have a really great run or workout. I do live in pretty much constant fear, however, of being on my period during a century or a long run etc. But there's not much to do other than cross my fingers and prepare for whatever happens....Just another thing that makes professional female athletes so badass.

"The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof." - Barbara Kingsolver

3 comments:

My Life said...

I've lurked your blog for a while now & love the diversity of things you post. Needed today's quote especially. Thank you!

the dancing alchemist said...

I second commenter #1--I really variety of posts and especially love the little bits of inspiration you include. I reposted the quotation on my own blog :)

Shorty said...

Thanks you two! So glad you found me :)