11.16.2011

Ha! I relate. Liz Prince, What Am I Doing At The Grocery Store?

Still loving CrossFit; I've even gone twice a day a few times. I hate those burpies and box jumps, and I can't lift much weight....but I keep going back. As always, love the variety, love the supportive environment, and love challenging myself. Thanks for all the encouragement, folks!

Listening to Ryan Adams On World Cafe.

Image: "This is Lady Pink, one of the only female graffiti artists active in the ’80s. Jenny Holzer, famous for her feminist postmodern “Truisms,” designed this shirt and Lady Pink wore it around NYC." source.

A New Civil Rights Movement in Alabama. “I am in Birmingham because injustice is here.” - MLK Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail

Added to my "to read" list: Hillbilly Nationalists, Urban Race Rebels, and Black Power: Community Organizing in Radical Times. Check out this interview with the authors.

Although my affection for Annie Hall the movie is greater than my affection for Annie Hall the character, I really liked this: Manic Pixie Strong Girl: Annie Hall as a Misunderstood Heroine

No comments: