5.17.2012

I need to work on this: Whole9: Are you recovering, or are you just resting?

Elena’s Story - Why Immigrant Women Deserve Protection From Domestic Violence.

A must read: On Self-Defense & Women of Color

Image: Paper Paintings by Geoff Mcfetridge. Some wonderful pieces there.

Happy Birthday, Jonathan Richman!

Registration for the 2012 Oregon Summer Crossfit Games is open and I'm really torn. It's my first chance to compete publicly (the next would be the winter games), and I think it would be a real (mental and physical) challenge for me. But I'm pretty low on funds, and its $85 to register, plus splitting gas and a room with someone for the night in Bend (it's late August). It would be great to compete (so scary to do this stuff in front of a crowd), and also really great to be there to cheer on everyone else - I love what a supportive community CrossFit is, it makes such a difference. We will see, I guess...Maybe if I save enough money by bike commuting, I can make it work! (I recently realized I spend $5-10 a day on gas during the week. Outrageous....)

From Bitch: No Respect Paid: The New York Times' Anti-Trans Coverage (And Why There's Hope for the Future)

 “We have lived our lives by the assumption that what was good for us would be good for the world. We have been wrong. We must change our lives so that it will be possible to live by the contrary assumption, that what is good for the world will be good for us. And that requires that we make the effort to know the world and learn what is good for it.” - Wendell Berry, The Long-Legged House

1 comment:

Lex said...

Please plug my project Kokeshi Doll Tsunami! I'm so close to my goal and need the push to get over the top. If you help me I'll mail some thing awesome to you!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gjurasic/kokeshi-doll-tsunami-prints