11.23.2012

Check out, and support if possible, a friend of a friend's new project: Life, Told, an oral history and interview start-up helping people record and preserve life stories, memories and important messages.

Random gift recommendation: I got my bff an Oregon cutting board (with a heart located over our hometown) as a gift a few years ago, and it remains one of my favorite things I've given. In fact, I'd love to buy one for myself some day! Check them out here if you're still searching for holiday presents.

Luther is coming back for Season 3! (Really hope that Idris Elba is the next Bond, love that idea...)

Image: Still full from yesterday's bounty? Help someone else feed their family and generate income - be a veggie garden! Love Oxfam's Unwrapped program: "You are what you give, so be all-natural, be food, and be income. Be a vegetable garden! $30 at OxfamGifts.com."

If you're in the Boston area, you should come check out Angela Y. Davis and Noam Chomsky in dialogue for the first time! I'm looking forward to it, I've never seen either of them speak.

From WNYC: "Rebeca Solnit, historian, activist, and author of several books including A Paradise Built in Hell: The Extraordinary Communities that Arise in Disaster, discusses the history of how disasters create communities in the context of our post-Sandy reality-and what climate change activists should do now."

No comments: