10.31.2008

So I got a plan, it's the best that I can do

Barack and Mom Jeans. Love it.

Celebrate Amy Poehler and Will Arnett's baby boy by chuckling at four of her best skits!

Exit Art.!I pretty much love everything about this site (I'm sure I would love the actual place too, if I had been...). Exit Art is a 25-year-old cultural center in New York City founded by Directors Jeanette Ingberman and Papo Colo. It has grown from a pioneering alternative art space into a model artistic center for the 21st century committed to supporting artists whose quality of work reflects the transformations of our culture. As part of the long weekend in NYC I'm always planning and never acting on, I'd love to go see their current show, Signs of Change: Social Movement Cultures 1960s to Now.

It's been along time since I was an avid reader of Ms. (although it certainly was very important to me as a teen in rural Oregon), but this current issue looks pretty rockin. Maybe it's time I check it out again.

Stay in school, 'cause it's the best! "The United States is now the only industrialized country in which kids are less likely to graduate from high school than their parents."

No comments: