2.19.2009

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

North Dakota, you are freakin' me out!  "If a bill that passed the North Dakota House on Tuesday also makes it through the Senate, the state's population is about to expand substantially overnight. According to that bill, "any organism with the genome of homo sapiens" should be considered a person deserving of Constitutional protection. Translation: Fertilized eggs are people, too." From Salon: Broadsheet.  From Feministe: North Dakota House Passes Bill Giving Rights To Fertilized Eggs.  AAAAHHH!

Lipstick Lobbyist on Nancy Pelosi's visit to the Vatican.

This article got me super excited about thrifting again...not that it takes much to get me excited about that, but...From Eco Chick.

From the Budget Smart Girl's Guide to the Universe: Coupons!

Super awesome feminist hero clothes at KMStitchery!  Do I want the Frida Kahlo hoodie, the Emma Goldman shirt, or the Angela Davis tee....hmmmm....at left, the Bella Abzug!  From the ever-wonderful Bitch Magazine.

Budget Fashion Report loves ModCloth too and puts together a sweet Mad Men inspired outfit from their finds.  I was totally checking out those shoes!

I'm still working up the courage to try brightly colored tights, but for those of you a few steps ahead of me, check out these tips on where to get affordable pairs (and know I'm impressed by your bravery!)...

From Feministing: Resisting Foreclosures Together, community-based action I love.

No comments: